Fairy Make a Wish card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tip: The Flower Soft "Glitter Frosting" looks just like glistening snow-or fairy dust! It has a pretty shimmer that can be hard to see in the photo, but dazzles in person. The stamps in these sets are so delicate and detailed.
- Position your card with the fold on the top. Cover the card with Batik purple/green pattern. Ink edges with Blackberry ink using a cosmetic sponge.
- Cut 5"x3 1/2" of Batik pink grid paper and mat on brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Stamp "Make a Wish" in the bottom right corner, 1/8" from the right and 1/4" from the bottom of the piece. Cut 3 3/4"x2 1/4" of Batik green pattern and ink edges. Stamp a large branch in the top left corner. Cut around the branch, leaving the corner intact. Glue the cut out branch to the pink grid piece, flush with the top left corner. Glue the matted piece to the card 1/4" from the right and 1/2" from the top.
- Stamp two fairies on white cardstock with Blackberry ink and trim around, leaving a 1/16" border. Foam tape to card in the bottom left corner as shown. Cut 9" of pink sheer ribbon and lilac grosgrain ribbon. Holding the ribbons together, tie a bow. Zot to the bottom right of the greeting as shown.
- Apply Flower Soft glue to the branches, leaves on the greeting, and fairy wings. Sprinkle on the Glitter Frosting and shake off excess. Let dry. Use a dry paintbrush to clear away stray pieces.
- For the inside: Ink the edges of 6 1/2"x3 1/4" of purple/green Batik and glue across the top. Ink the edges of 6 1/2"x1" of pink grid and glue across the Batik piece, centered. Stamp "Birthday Wishes" on white cardstock and cut a rectangle around it. Ink edges and mat on purple pattern, leaving a 1/8" border Glue to the center of the Batik piece. Stamp a row of purple fairies across the bottom of the card, in the white space.