Black & Gold Thank You Card
By Teresa Welch
- For the card front: Turn the white card with the fold on the left. Open and cut 1¼" off the right front edge. Cover the front with Sunshine & Shadows dotted paper.
- Cut 3¾"x2½" Sunshine & Shadows gray/yellow paper and mat the upper edge on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Punch a 5" border in black cardstock, then trim to 3¾"x1". Glue along the lower edge of the gray/yellow piece as a mat. Repeat to punch a second black cardstock border and trim to 3¾"x?". Glue ?" above the lower edge, then glue the piece to the front, 1?" from the bottom.
- Cut 2¾"x2½" black cardstock and stamp the heart frame and "a warm hello" in the center using a VersaMark ink pad. Use the small paintbrush to brush powder over the images. Use the large brush to remove the excess, then spray with fixative and let dry. Mat on metallic gold paper with 1/16" borders and glue as shown.
- Cut heart A (pattern below) from black cardstock. Stamp a small butterfly in the center with VersaMark, then use the sponge to lightly ink the edges. Brush on powder, brush off the excess, and spray. Fold a 1½" ribbon and glue behind the heart top, then foam tape the heart as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 3¾"x3¾" Sunshine & Shadows gray/yellow paper and glue to the inside along the fold. Cut 1¾"x6½" from the Sunshine & Shadows border paper. Punch a 2"x6 1/2" black cardstock border and glue behind the left edge of the paper border, then glue to the inside, aligning the right edges.
- Cut 2¾"x2?" Sunshine & Shadows black/gray paper. Stamp the heart frame and "thank you" in the center with VersaMark, brush on powder, and brush off the excess. Spray with fixative, then mat on metallic gold paper with 1/16" borders. Mat on black cardstock with ?" borders, then glue as shown.
- Cut heart B (pattern below) from black cardstock and stamp "with love" in the center, then lightly ink the edges. Brush on powder, brush off the excess, and spray. Mat on yellow cardstock with 1/32" borders, then glue a folded 2" ribbon to the back. Foam tape as shown.