Fly High Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: This acetate really is amazing, because you can stamp and heat emboss it with no warping!
- Cut a 6 1/2”x6" piece of acetate. Use the dull side of your knife blade to score a line across the acetate, 1” from the top.
- Place the acetate on your work surface and anchor it with a few small pieces of stencil tape. Stamp the 3 3/4" long solid feather image vertically on the right side of the acetate, 3/4" from the bottom, with VersaMark™ ink. Stamp the 4 1/2" long curved feather to the left of the first feather. Stamp the swirls image to the right of that feather, and the 3 1/2" long feather below the swirls. Sprinkle with silver glitter embossing powder and tap off the excess. Use a dry paintbrush to remove any stray embossing powder from the acetate outside the stamped images. Use the heat gun to set the embossed images.
- Cut the blank white card in half at the fold. Place 1 piece horizontally on your table. Take your embossed acetate and fold the scored edge under, creasing the fold flat with your fingers or bone folder. Place Ultra Clear tape on the top edge of the white card. Now align the fold of the acetate with the top edge of the card, so the folded area is fixed to the card and the embossed acetate overlaps it.
- Lightly fold back the embossed acetate. Cover the white card and the 1” folded edge of the acetate with Fancy Feathers purple/teal/pink/lime paper. Fold the acetate card front overlapping the paper inside.
- Stamp the large butterfly image on remaining acetate with VersaMark™ ink and sprinkle with blue powder embossing powder. Heat to emboss, then trim around the butterfly image. Lightly fold the wings together and foam tape the body to the lower right portion of the card, overlapping the bottom edges of the feather images.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x1/4” Fancy Feathers pink textured paper strip and tape it even with the top edge of the acetate card front. Open the card and cut a 3/4" slit in the acetate fold, 1/2" from the left side. Thread 3/4” wide aqua ribbon through the slit, then wrap it around the acetate and tie at the front as shown.
- Use the template to trace a Squared Tag B shape on aqua cardstock and cut it out. Mat on Fancy Feathers pink textured paper with thin borders. Stamp “Fly High” on the center with Plumeria ink. Tape on the card near the tied ribbon as shown. Decorate the embossed swirls and butterfly with Teal Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.