By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use a sponge to apply FlitterGlu to your stamps before stamping. Too much glue blurs the image and will not have much detail.
- Place the front and back journal covers on your craft sheet and paint with Bundled Sage Distress Paint. Let dry, then apply a second coat and let dry again.
- Use a sponge to apply FlitterGlu to the Clematis Flourish stamp and stamp onto 4 ½”x7” brown cardstock. Put the stamp in a dish of water to soak until you can clean thoroughly with soap and water. Cover the stamped image with the Mega Flakes and rub around with your finger to be sure the image is covered. Shake off excess and begin to burnish with a stipple brush until you can see the image. Finish burnishing and removing excess flakes with the Scoochy foam, until you can see details clearly, but do not overwork the image (removing the shine). Glue the piece centered on your journal cover.
- Follow your die-cutting machine’s instructions to cut three vine die-cuts from natural cardstock. Paint each vine with Bundled Sage and let dry. Glue the vines off the edges of the front cover on the left, bottom and right sides, as shown, cutting even with the edges of the cover (save the cut pieces for the label). Apply Broken China around the edges of the journal, onto the vines and the brown cardstock. Use a paper towel to blot up excess paint. Let dry, then apply Tarnished Brass on some of the edges. Blot excess paint and let dry.
- Follow the “Cinch” instruction manual to bind the covers, pages and pockets together with the binding wire (make sure the pockets, pages and covers are oriented the same direction).
- Use FlitterGlu and flakes to stamp and burnish “Unforgettable Moments” on brown cardstock. Use the Design Tool Kit to trace a Victorian Label around the burnished image and cut out along the traced line. Paint the edges of the label with Broken China and Tarnished Brass and let dry. Glue the saved vine pieces around the edges of the label and foam tape centered at the top of your journal.
- Sponge FlitterGlu onto five buttons of various sizes. Cover with Mega Flakes, rub on with your finger, then remove excess flakes with the Scoochy foam. Thread 1/8” teal ribbon through the buttons and Zot™ in place with Sugared Blossoms, as shown.
- Lightly brush the paper tabs with Bundled Sage, then stamp swirls with Broken China and let dry. Write on the tabs with a black pen and attach to each pocket with the hinged adhesive covers.