Tinsel Tangle Window Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Line up the inner and outer window on this card before gluing pieces in place. Run the acetate under water and blot dry with a paper towel before embossing to reduce static.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and cut 1 ½” from the right side, creating a 5”x5” card. Cover with Christmas Sweets tan dot paper.
- Using the Design Tool Kit, center the “Exquisite Label” template on your card, 1” from the bottom edge, trace the shape and remove the template. Use the X-acto® Knife to cut out 1/16” outside of the traced line, through the front card panel only. Trace the cover card edge template 1/8” from the lower edge of your card, remove the template and cut along the traced line on the front panel. Back the front panel with 5”x5” Red Fireworks holographic paper. Trace the “Exquisite Label” through the window onto the holographic paper, and cut out along the traced line through the front card panel only, creating a red matted window, as shown.
- Run the acetate under water and blot dry with a paper towel. Use VersaMark™ to stamp seven ornaments, dust some with Red Glitz embossing glitter and some with Green Glitz. Shake off the excess and set with the heat gun. Cut out around each ornament, 1/16” from the images. Zot™ the ornaments around the upper edges of the window, to the right and left as shown. Use the pen to draw strings above the ornaments. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on the ornaments and the lower edge of the card.
- Mat the long edges of 5”x3/4” Christmas Sweets red scallop paper on holographic paper with 1/8” borders and foam tape along the fold of your card. Zot™ on a red crepe bow, cutting the ends in a “v”.
- Card inside: Cover with Christmas Sweets tan circle paper. Center and trace the “Exquisite Label” ¾” from the bottom edge of 4½”x4½” Christmas Sweets red snowflake paper and cut 1/16” outside of the traced line. Set aside for Step 6.
- Stamp and emboss “Don’t get your tinsel…” on 4”x3” acetate with black embossing powder. Use the VersaMark™ pen on the snowflakes and at the top of “TANGLE”, then add the glitter embossing powders and re-heat to set. Glue the acetate centered on the back of the red snowflake window, then glue the piece centered on the inside card panel, aligning through the window on the card front.
- Zot™ on a length of ivory crepe ribbon above the sentiment, tucking the ends under the paper edges. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on the acetate, as shown.