Christmas Window Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Cut and fold back the doors before matting the stamped piece on other papers, to make tracing and cutting out the card window easier.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cut 1 ½” from the bottom, making a 5”x5” card. Cover with Iris Suede paper. Glue 4¾”x4¾” Christmas Chalkboard ivory flourish paper on center. Place Jewel Border Dazzles™ along the top and bottom of the ivory paper, and two across the center, 1/16” apart.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the window on white cardstock, dust with black embossing powder, shake off the excess and set with the heat gun. Color in the image with the watercolor pencils and use a wet brush to blend the colors. I used #’s 143, 105 and 250. Let dry. Use your knife to cut out the window panes, along the top and bottom of the doors, and down the center. Score on the left and right edges of the doors and valley fold to open the doors. Glue 7/8”x1 7/8” holographic paper behind each windowed door.
- Using the Layered Labels template, trace and cut out Bracket Frame A from suede and mat on silver snowflakes holographic paper with a 1/16" border. Use Ultra tape to center the window over the label. Glue the piece centered on your card, trace through the window and cut out, through the card front.
- Mask off the area of the Christmas Village stamp so that only the “Peace and Hope” words show. Stamp and emboss “Peace and Hope” on white cardstock and trace around the bottom edge of the words with the end of Squared Oval Label A. Cut along the traced line, making a 5/8” high label. Mat on suede with a 1/16" border and glue along the top edge of the ivory paper, 1/8” from the right side.
- Use Stickles around the window/door edges and liquid pearls on the labels. Let dry. Zot™ on a bow of silver glimmer ribbon, as shown.
- Card inside: Place Jewel Border Dazzles™ along the top and bottom of the card, and two across the center, 1/16” apart.
- Stamp and emboss the Christmas Village image on white cardstock. Color in the image with various pencils, but use #147 for the snow shading, and #140 for the sky. Use Liquid Pearls™ on the eaves of the houses and Stickles™ on the snow. Let dry.
- Cut the piece to 2¾” square, mat on suede with a ¼” border, then on holographic paper with a 1/16" border. Glue centered on the card, making sure the image is centered through the window on the card front. Zot™ a bow on the right.