Happy Birthday! Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Use this beautiful paper tole border embellishment on the edge of a piece of paper doily for lots of pretty shine, dimension, and texture.
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with Unforgettable pink botanicals paper. Place a square doily on point. Measure 4 1/8” from the point on the right, then use a ruler to draw a straight vertical line with a pencil, even with the point. Trim off the resulting triangle. Back the lacy center of the triangle with blue botanicals paper, trimming to fit. Glue on the card with the point of the triangle centered near the right side of the card as shown.
- Cut a 5”x1/2” Unforgettable blue/green striped paper and glue even with the bottom edge of the card. Pop out the border with butterfly paper tole embellishment pieces and layer by number with foam tape. Glue on the left side of the card, even with the top and 1/8” from the left.
- Pop out the following die-cuts from the Unforgettable Die-Cuts sheet: small purple swirl, the green leaf sprigs, purple/blue/pink botanicals tag, small butterflies, 1 small pink rosette, 1 small purple rosette, and blue/pink/purple label with flower and butterfly corner. Layer the tag, 1 leaf sprig, and small swirl together on the upper right side of the card, overlapping the doily. Glue in place. Foam tape the small open butterfly overlapping the right side of the tag. Add mixed blossoms in a cluster near the leaf sprig.
- Write or computer print “Happy Birthday!” on Unforgettable light green textured paper. Trim to a small rectangle and mat on purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue on the tag as shown. Use 3/4" wide purple crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow below the tag as shown.
- Inside: Cover the bottom 5” of the inside with Unforgettable pink botanicals paper. Cut a Unforgettable 1/4”x5” striped paper and glue even with the left side of the pink paper. Trim a corner from the remaining square doily, 3 1/4" from the point. Back the inner lace triangle with Unforgettable blue botanicals paper to fit. Glue on the lower right side of the pink paper, 1/8” from the edges. Layer the label, rosettes, remaining leaf sprig, and butterfly together. Glue or foam tape on the card overlapping the doily and papers. Write or computer print sentiment on Unforgettable light green textured paper and trim to a small rectangle. Mat on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the label. Zot™ knotted purple ribbon as shown.