By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Use the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit to shape the die-cuts for a 3-dimensional look.
- Place your card with the fold on the top. Cover the card with Christmas Cheer green/black/ivory diamonds paper. Cut a 6”x4 3/8” Christmas Cheer ivory/red/green/black tiles paper and mat on black suede with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x3” white vellum and glue it centered on the ivory/red/green/black tiles paper. Add Thin Lines Dazzles™ around the edges of the vellum. Glue a 4 3/8” length of 1/4” wide burgundy/ivory stitched grosgrain ribbon down the left side of the ivory/red/green/black tiles paper next to the vellum.
- Use your die cutting machine and cutting dies to create die-cuts using the following papers: Branch set, Black suede; Snow Caps, Christmas Cheer ivory textured paper (cut 2 sets); Ponderosa Sprig, Christmas Cheer green dots paper (cut 2 sets); Mini Circles, Christmas Cheer red dots paper; Cardinal, Christmas Cheer red dots paper and ivory textured paper, and Black Suede.
- Glue the large black suede branch die-cut across the vellum rectangle on the card, so the thick part of the branch is even with the left side of the vellum, 1 1/2” from the top of the card. Add a small branch on the lower left side of the large branch. Add the remaining small branch on the right side between the larger branches.
- Glue the green Ponderosa Sprigs die-cuts overlapping each other on the branches as shown (you can shape them first if you wish, but mine naturally curved up, and I liked the look).
- Place the red circles and snow caps die-cuts on the foam pad, face down. Use a stylus tool with the largest size ball appropriate for the size of die-cut to give a rounded shape to each die-cut. Foam tape the circles on the green sprigs for berries, then add the snow caps to the branch and berries.
- Trim away the beak area from the red Cardinal die-cut, then place it on the ivory textured Cardinal die-cut. Glue together. Place the red Cardinal, the red wing pieces, and the Black Suede Cardinal face on the foam pad and shape them with the tools as before. Foam tape the 3 wing die-cuts in place on the Cardinal. Foam tape the black face in place, and add the ivory textured eye. Lightly chalk the beak with dark yellow chalk. Glue the Black Suede feet to the bird as shown. Foam tape the cardinal on the branch as shown.
- Place Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Blessings” on the left side of the vellum above the branch. Tie a burgundy bow and Zot™ in place as shown.