Beauty is Everywhere Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Make the colored twine into a wreath
- Card front: Cover the center panel and bottom border with Emma’s Garden brown paper. Glue a 4 14”x4 7/8” Emma’s Garden beige floral paper centered. Glue a 1”x4” Emma’s Garden teal paper on each side panel. Ink all of the edges.
- Gather a 30” length of brown, tan, cream and dark green twine, and knot the ends together. Knot again about 2” away. Keep knotting all the twine together about every 2” until you get to the 15” mark. Form the knotted section of twine into a 4” diameter circle. Use the remaining twine to wrap around the wreath loosely. Place the loose ends of the wreath at the bottom of the card, and Zot in place. Use Zots™ under the knots in the wreath, and form a circle around the center panel. Glue three blue flowers at the bottom.
- Place the “Beauty is Everywhere” Dazzles™ inside the wreath on the left side. Back the fox Dazzles™ with Emma’s Garden tan dot paper for the body and Emma’s Garden pink dot for the flower. Cut close to the Dazzles™ edge. Glue to the right of the word Dazzles™. Place a limb border Dazzles™ on each side panel. Back several small Dazzles™ with desired papers. Cut close to the edge. Glue to the wreath, border, and side panels, as shown.
- Card inside: Mat a 6 ¼”x3 ¾" Emma’s Garden beige floral paper on Emma’s Garden brown paper with 1/16” borders. Glue to the bottom of the card. Place the remaining limb border Dazzles™ on each side. Back the squirrel and hedgehog Dazzles with Emma’s Garden tan dot paper for the bodies, and brown and pink for the nut and flowers. Cut close to the Dazzles™ edge, and glue on the bottom right and left corners. Place several more small Dazzles™ along the bottom edge.
- Computer journal or write on a 3 ½”x1” Emma’s Garden tan dot paper. Mat on Emma’s Garden brown paper with ¼” borders. Glue centered. Gather 12” lengths of tan, cream, brown, & dark green twine. Use the same procedure to knot every 2 “. Form around the sentiment placing Zots™ under the knots.