Have an egg-cellent Easter
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: After coloring your eggs image with Spectrum Noir pens, use double-sided adhesive and Crystal Micro Glitter to add sparkle!
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Emma’s Garden aqua/ivory tiles paper. Cut a 5 1/2"x4” Emma’s Garden pink/ivory tiny flowers paper and mat on pale green cardstock with 1/4" borders. Mat again on Emma’s Garden brown textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue it centered on the card.
- Use the Design Tool Kit #7 to trace a Double bracket Label shape onto Emma’s Garden tan/ivory dots paper, and a Bracket Label shape onto Emma’s Garden teal tiles paper. Cut out the shapes and mat each on Emma’s Garden brown textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue the tan/ivory dots label centered on the teal label. Glue centered on the card.
- Stamp the Pen Pattern Eggs image 4 times on ivory cardstock with Rich Cocoa ink and let dry. Color in all 4 eggs of the #1 image, using the Spectrum Noir PP1 pen for the light pink areas, the PP3 pen for the dark pink areas, the BT2 pen for the light aqua areas, and the BT4 pen for the teal areas, as shown. Color in the 3 bottom eggs of the #2 image, as you did for the first image. Now color in portions of the #3 image: 2 dark pink/teal flowers on the lower right egg, the pink/teal center diamond on the upper right egg, the top 2 circle motifs on the upper left egg, and for the lower left egg, the small pink flower at the top edge and the large round flower center on the left side. Color 1 dark pink/teal flower on the lower right egg on the #4 image.
- Cut around the entire #1 image as 1 piece. Cut out the individual colored eggs of the #2 image. Foam tape the upper right egg cut-out on the #1 image over its likeness with 1 layer of foam tape. Repeat for the lower right egg using 2 layers of foam tape. Repeat for the lower left egg using 3 layers of foam tape to create your 3-D eggs embellishment.
- Cut small pieces of double-sided adhesive large enough to cover the colored areas of images #3 and #4. Remove one side of the adhesive and place a piece on each colored area. Sprinkle each with Crystal Micro Glitter and rub into the adhesive with your fingers. Tap the excess back into the container. Cut out the glittered images and foam tape onto your embellishment as shown. Set aside the remaining dark pink/teal glittered flower for the tag.
- Cut a 2” square from pale green cardstock. Glue your eggs embellishment on it so the cardstock extends about 3/4" from the bottom of the eggs at the center. Glue on the right side of the tan/ivory label on the card.
- Cut two 6”x3” pieces each from pale green cardstock and Emma’s Garden teal tiles paper. Use your die-cutting machine and the grass edge cutting die to cut 1 grass edge from each piece, so each die cut is at least 1 1/2" wide, including space at the bottom. Trim the side edges horizontally from the bottom of the die cut grass, then trim the ends vertically 1” out from the grass. Place the pale green grass pieces side-by- side, then overlap them until the grass looks continuous across the top. Glue the pieces together. Repeat for the teal pieces.
- Place the teal grass on the pale green grass, just below the top edge of the pale green grass. Glue together. Turn the piece over and trim the bottom teal grass edge even with bottom of the pale green grass. Foam tape across the card, 1/4" from the bottom. Trim sides evenly with the card.
- Place Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ even with the bottom edge of the teal grass. Repeat for the upper edge of the pale green mat on the card as shown. Use 1/2" wide pink grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow. Trim the ends in a “V” and Zot™ on the bottom left of the card.
- Use the Design Tool kit to trace a Vintage Sign shape onto pale pink cardstock. Cut it out and write or computer print the greeting centered on it. Cut a 1 1/8”x1/4” Emma’s Garden teal tiles paper and glue across the top, trimming sides evenly. Mat on Emma’s Garden brown textured paper with 1/16” borders. Fold a small piece of aqua glimmer ribbon and glue to the back for a tab. Foam tape angled on the left side of the eggs embellishment. Foam tape remaining glittered flower on the teal strip on the tag.