By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Create multi-level cards with pop-up, frame and edger dies. These dies coordinate with the Build A Bouquet stamp and die sets for making beautiful cards for any occasion.
- Stamp the following images onto white cardstock with black SurfaceZ ink: 3 impatiens clusters, 1 daisy, 2 leaves, and 1 tall jar. Using the matching cutting die shape for each image, cut each image with your die cutting machine.
- Use the watercolor pencils to color your images as follows: use #124 and #123 to color 1 of the impatiens clusters, leaving some of the areas white. Dip your brush in water and apply to the colored areas for a watercolor look. Use #136 and #153 to color a second impatiens cluster in the same manner. Use #144, #153, and #123 to color the third impatiens cluster. Use #153 to add color to the base of the daisy petals, near the center. Use #108 to color the daisy center, adding a tiny bit of #124 in some areas. Use #168, #166, and #144 to color the leaves, plus the stems and leaves inside the jar. Use the #153 pencil to add color to the bottom and near the sides and back of the jar, using the side of the pencil point to form diagonal lines in those areas. Use the wet brush to pull the color down through the lines with a few vertical brush strokes. Use the wet brush to lightly add a small amount of #168 in the “water” near the leaves and stems. Let the images dry.
- Cut a 4"x10 3/4” panel from Unforgettable aqua/pink/ivory tiles paper. Bend the panel in half and pinch only the edges to mark the center. Place the score line of the pop-up die along the pinched center. Die cut with your machine. Train the folds by gently working them back and forth. Fold all scored areas on all pop-up tabs.
- Place the edger cutting die on Unforgettable light green textured paper and die cut a half doily. Place the pop-up die centered on the straight edge of the doily and die cut with the machine. Mat the scalloped edges on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and trim away the flap created at the score through the paper and cardstock. Slide in and glue into place below the bottom center pop-up on the panel.
- Glue the colored jar image on the bottom center pop-up. Adhere flowers and leaves images to tabs allowing the purple impatiens image to overhang the right side of the jar. Add smaller images to other tabs taking care not to obstruct tab movement.
- Cut a 4 1/4"x11” panel from black cardstock and score at 5 1/2" for the pop-up panel backing. Center the top half of the inner panel on the outer panel and glue in place. Fold to be sure the placement of the tab images clear each other when closing. Glue the bottom halves together while card is in the standing position.
- Cut a 4”x5/8” Unforgettable striped paper and mat the long sides on black with thin borders. Glue even with the bottom of the inner panel. Die cut a 1 3/4" long rectangle label from Unforgettable aqua textured paper. Mat on black with thin borders. Use Black SurfaceZ to ink “Thanks” Dazzles™ and let dry. Place Greetings Dazzles™ “Thanks” centered on the label. Glue the label centered, overlapping the striped paper on the card. Use 3/4" wide pink crepe Unforgettable ribbon to tie a bow, trimming the ends into a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the upper left corner of the label as shown. Embellish the card with Teal Jewel Dazzles™ as desired.
- Card Front: Die cut one short edge of 4 1/8”x5¼” Unforgettable aqua tile paper and use Build A Pop-Up Die Set scallop edger to die cut the bottom edge. Ink edges black and glue to the card front. Ink long edges of 4½”x1½” Unforgettable striped paper and mat with black cardstock, leaving 1/8” border. Glue across the card center. Embellish scalloped edges with Teal Jewel Dazzles™. Die cut labels from white and black cardstock. Use Black SurfaceZ to ink “Hi” Dazzles™ and allow to dry. Place “Hi” Greetings Dazzles™ on the center and embellish corners with Teal Jewel Dazzles™. Foam tape to the border as shown. Tie a bow with Unforgettable pink crepe ribbon and Zot™ to the left side of the greeting as shown.